The survey, “The Government Regulatory Technology Survey”, is now open and we invite you to participate.
It’s clear that regulators are adopting more regulatory technology but there is no industry-scale view of:
- Which types of technology are being adopted most frequently?
- What are the most common benefits?
- What are the biggest barriers to further adoption?
That’s why we’re creating a survey for regulators to find out the answers to these questions and more. Your input makes a difference.
Your experience and expertise would be greatly appreciated in participating in this survey, it’s the first survey of its type in Australia and New Zealand.
Who should complete the survey?
- If you work in a government agency that manages a specific area of regulation and have an overview of the current systems used to manage that regulation and plans for future systems.
- If your agency administers several specific areas of regulation (for example, a government department that is responsible for separately administering building regulation and energy regulation), you should answer only for your area of regulation. We expect multiple responses from individual agencies which administer multiple areas of regulation.
We’re looking for responses from across Australia and New Zealand and please feel free to share the survey with relevant contacts.
What’s in the survey?
The survey asks you to provide information about what type of agency you work for, the type of technology you are currently using to help with regulation and any barriers to implementing further technology.
The survey will take about 10 to 15 minutes to complete. The results will be confidential, although we will ask you for your contact details so we can share the report with you.
The survey closes on June 1st, 2022.
We look forward to sharing a pre-release copy of the report with you later this year, and will invite you to our Government Regulatory Technology Forum where you can:
- Learn about the future direction of technology in regulation across Australia and New Zealand
- Hear about the possible challenges of adopting technology within regulators
- Explore real case studies where technology is improving regulation across Australia and New Zealand
- Grow your networks and connect with your peers.